2. DATA COLLECTED
- On this Site.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- If applicable, through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
- If applicable, through mobile and desktop links provided by Landstar to this Site.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Landstar offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Landstar or any third party including Landstar Affiliates; or
- Any third party including Landstar Affiliates, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
1. Agreement and Your Consent.
2. Scope of Policy.
4. The Information We Collect.
The Site offers business information about EasternWays and EasternWays Affiliates. The Site is not to be used by individual consumers to purchase consumer products or services. EasternWays provides goods and services to businesses in need of shipping and logistics services including facilitating communications and information sharing among EasternWays, EasternWays Affiliates, brokers, independent sales agents (“Agents”), independent business capacity owners (“BCO(s)”), and third party transportation providers, including but not limited to, any third party motor carrier, drayage provider, transportation intermediary, shipper, consignor, consignee, air carrier, ocean carrier, ground carrier, logistics provider, and/or entity involved in the motor carrier services, property brokering, freight forwarding, non-vessel operating common carrier, air charter, indirect air charter, warehousing, and/or the transportation service industry.
The type of information we collect from users of the Site includes information by which an individual may be identified (“personal information”) such as their first and last name, email address, address, and telephone number. We also collect business information from users, and information by which users cannot be individually identified, such as information about a user’s computer, Internet connection and Site usage.
We collect this information when you directly provide it to us, such as if you request information through the Site, register on the Site, sign up for a service through the Site, provide us with Suggestions through the Site, post User Posted Content to the Site, or if you send us information via email through the Site. We use commercially reasonable means to identify when information is being collected and the purpose for which it is being collected. When appropriate we may ask you for your affirmative consent to provide us with personal information. However, we do not guarantee that affirmative consent will be requested from each user of the Site. IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU, DO NOT PROVIDE IT TO US.
We also collect information automatically as users navigate through the Site, including about a user’s equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including as follows:
- We record general statistical and tracking information, such as the date and time the Site is accessed, the places visited on the Site, and the time spent using the Site.
- We receive and record information about a user’s computer and its systems and in our server logs from a user’s browser, including an IP address (the Internet address of a computer), identification of the computer and its systems, the type and version of the web browser, referrer addresses and other server log information.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE DO NOT USE THE SITE.
We also may, but are not obligated to, monitor your use of the Site.
5. Our Use and Disclosure of this Information.
This Site is for use within the Europe, United States, Canada and Mexico. If you are accessing the Site from outside this is not intended for your use. We may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us as set forth above, including your personal information, as follows:
- For any EasternWays and/or EasternWays Affiliates’ business purpose;
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information to us;
- To notify you about changes in the Site, its governing documents, or any products or services we offer through the Site;
- To allow you to participate in interactive sections of the Site;
- To inform you about our and/or Landstar Affiliates’ programs, goods and services and/or those of third parties in which we determine you may be interested;
- To communicate with you about your use of the Site and regarding EasternWays’s and EasternWays Affiliates’ business;
- For any other purpose to which you consent;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To aggregate user information; and
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
We may also use and disclose to others the information we gather from you, including your personal information, as follows:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information, for any other purpose disclosed when you provide the information, and for any purpose to which you consent.
- We may disclose your information to EasternWays Affiliates and allow them to use and disclose your information for any EasternWays and/or EasternWays Affiliates’ business purpose.
- We may employ other companies, services providers and Landstar Affiliates to perform functions on EasternWays’s behalf, such as maintaining the Site, providing services related to the Site, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, fulfilling orders for products, services or information, or other functions necessary to our business, and we may disclose your information to these companies so that they can perform their functions for us.
- We may use and disclose your information as we view necessary or prudent to protect our and EasternWays Affiliates’ safety, rights and/or property and that of others and other users, to enforce and/or to report abuse or violation of the Site’s governing documents, and in connection with our obligations under the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
- We may use and disclose your information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and/or EasternWays Affiliates.
- We may use and disclose your information to the extent we believe we are required to do so by law, including to comply with any court order, law or legal process, and to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- We may transfer and disclose your information in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of EasternWays and/or one EasternWays Affiliate, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which the information held by EasternWays and/or the EasternWays Affiliate is among the assets transferred.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of EasternWays, our Agents, independent BCOs, intendent third party motor carriers, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We will dispose of your information when it is no longer useful for the purposes for which it was provided to us by you.
We may compile statistical and aggregated information about users of the Site and their use of the Site, and we may use, disclose and transfer this information, as well as any information that does not identify an individual, and any Suggestions you provide, for any purpose without restriction.
We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized disclosure of information you provide to us. These systems are structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing this information. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, however, we cannot provide, and we hereby disclaim, assurance that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
With respect to some services we provide customers, we may expressly agree at the time such services are requested to provide different, specific and higher levels of security and data segregation. In addition, in particular circumstances, when you submit certain information to us through this Site, we may agree in connection with such information to provide additional protections to, and restrictions upon our use of, your personal information. For example, if you apply to qualify to join our network as an independent Agent, BCO or approved broker carrier, the application materials may make additional commitments to you as set forth in such materials.
Unfortunately, and for the avoidance of doubt, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of information, including but not limited to personal information provided by you, is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
7. Relationship to Other Contracts.
The Site is not directed to or intended to be used by persons under the age of 18, and EasternWays does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 18. If we learn that a person under 18 has provided us with personal information through this Site, we will delete this information from our databases.
9. Updating Contact and Personal Information.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you may have additional rights pursuant to your local law applicable to the collection and processing of personal information. If you believe that EasternWays or a EasternWays Affiliate is collecting personal information under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and your personal information is processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation. Under GDPR you may also have the right to request to have your personal information deleted or restricted and ask for portability of your personal information.
You can request to access, update or correct your personal information. You also have the right to object to direct marketing.
In the event you consider our processing or control of your personal information subject to the GDPR and not compliant with an applicable data protection law, you can lodge a complaint:
- Contact us at +38-093-219-0314 ;
- Contact us via email at [email protected];
- Lodging a complaint via email at [email protected]; or
- Filing a complaint directly with the competent data protection authority. The name and contact details of the Data Protection Authorities in the European Union can be found here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
13. Contact Us.
By mail: Rozumovs’ka St, 24, Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65091
By e-mail: [email protected]
To register a complaint or concern, please contact: [email protected]